Lotus

Lotus

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Vote. Be informed. Read. Improve yourself.

It's Voting Day today in Ontario. I have been asking everyone I know about the new political system that we are voting on, and I have found that surprisingly most people are either uninformed or against the idea because it is new. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, but it makes me sad to know that people will be voting against the new system because they simply do not have a clear idea of what they are voting on.

On a different note, I have been diving into non fiction literature. I had found myself disillusioned with fiction. I was getting nothing out of it. Hence, I was not reading. Since picking up "Hip Tranquil Chick" I have a list of about a dozen books that I would like to read. I guess self improvement, and personal expansion seems more productive to me than spending time reading purely for the purpose of escaping reality.

Have a wonderful day :)

No comments: