Lotus

Lotus

Saturday, June 02, 2007

For the Love of Happiness, and Sanity .

I made a decision a few days back that I have been entirely too negative of late. So, I made the executive decision to change my perspective.

Motherhood is not simply a monumental change in ones life. It is a complete paradigm shift in ones reality. Like your old clothes, your old beliefs simply do not fit quite right anymore. So, as you shop for new blue jeans you also shop for new perspective. Some people find it right away, like those girls who fit immediately back in to their old blue jeans. Others, while taking eight months to squeeze back into what used to be a favorite pair of pants also take the better part of the first year to realign their beliefs with this new role that has been thrust upon them.

I am part of the latter group.

I never thought it would take me this long to habituate to motherhood. For some reason I thought that it would fall into my life as easily as a peanut butter bagel in the mornings. Ha. Was I ever wrong.

So.... where was I?
Ah yes. Paradigm shifts from being entirely too negative.

I must love myself, and my reality. This mind shift is the only way that I am going to accept and retrain my mind to the reality that 10pm is my bedtime, and as much as I might want to sleep in, 6am is my wake up call everyday of my life now. No more weekend sleep in's. There is a trade off of course, one gets to watch life take shape. That hasn't been enough up to now. I am trying to change that.

Wish me luck :)

No comments: