Lotus

Lotus

Friday, April 04, 2014

Finish The Sentence Friday - I never understood what the big deal was about.....

 Just for some fun, I am participating in something called Finish the Sentence Friday.  My group comes up with the sentence starter and our job as writers is to, obviously, finish it.  Here is my take this Friday morning.  


I never understood what the big deal was about.... being gay.  I mean, come on.  The world needs more love.  So what if that guy in the tight jeans and the oh so stylish brand name shoes prefers the company of other men.  If he loves said other man then let it be.  To be honest, I have more of a problem with people who are serial non lovers.  People who are full of greed, and hate.  I would prefer to have a gay couple living next to me than a greedy, power hungry banker.   Truth be told though, I live in the ghetto, so I am more likely to have a single mom living next to me, or someone on disability struggling with mental illness, or an immigrant family trying to make a solid start in a new country. I have never understood the hate that gets flung at gay people just for being sexually and romantically attracted to someone from their same gender group.  Did this affect the taste of your breakfast?  Did it make your underwear shrink so much so that they are restricting the flow of blood to your naughty bits? Or better still, to your brain?  In my mind that is the only explanation for the terror and hate that gets flung at people just for being gay.  Get over it.  Truly.  The world will be better with more love, rather than less same sex couples.  In my mind, you are more the problem than they are.  If you are flinging fear, hate and judgement into the world, you are to blame for the moral decay of society, not the person who is willing to put themselves at risk of being the target of your hate, just to be with the person that they love. 


Love Trumps Hate.  In my mind, It really is that simple. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. I've never understood the big deal about it either. If two people love each other,why shouldn't they just be together?

Jennifer Steck said...

In a day and age where many people don't stay together, it's refreshing to find a couple truly in love and committed to each other, regardless of their sexual orientation. Everyone deserves to be loved...

yogajunkie said...

Yes! Love is all you need, as The Beatles said. Love, and coffee :)

Unknown said...

I appreciate this. I am 100% in agreement with equality. Hopefully we stop putting people into these boxes and realize Love is Love. It knows no gender.

Unknown said...

Nice article we are taught to obeserve each others diffences from a young age it becomes intolerable when loving another of the same sex is considered wrong. Instead we should celebrate our own uniqueness whilst deep down knowing we are made from one source....we are all light beings waiting to shine